China, a mystical land famed for having over 5000 years of history. China is a fascinating country where east meets west, and the ancient meets the new. Our interactive map of China gives you a taste of the best places to see and the coolest things to do in China. With this map of China, you can read, watch and plan your next adventure!
*Click on the pulsating circles in the map to get started.
DID YOU KNOW CHINA HAS 50 UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES? DISCOVER MORE COOL THINGS ABOUT CHINA IN THE INTERACTIVE MAP!
Click on the flashing circles to navigate through the map
10 FACTS ABOUT CHINA THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!
After clicking through the interactive map of China, reading some of the factoids and watching a few of the videos, I am sure you’ll know by now that China is a pretty amazing place. But the map is just the start, here are a few more facts about China that may just blow your mind.
- If you put all China’s railway lines together, they would lap the world twice!
- The Great Wall of China is partly held together by sticky rice.
- Half of all pigs on the planet live in China.
- Despite being the same size as the continental USA, China only has the one-time zone. (The continental USA has four).
- The Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an took 37 years to make.
- Over 45 Billion Chopsticks are used every year in China.
- 35 million people still live in caves.
- It’s estimated that almost one-third of San Francisco’s air pollution comes from China.
- China’s Gobi Desert is around the same size as Peru.
- In 2000 BC, ice cream was invented in China.
WE’RE NOW OFFERING FREE FLIGHTS TO CHINA
We’re now offering free flights to China in select cities. Apply today, and you could enjoy a rewarding job in China with training opportunities and sponsored events. While in China, you’ll also be able to explore the amazing cities, sites and attractions that you saw in the interactive map of China. Teach and train with EF on your school days, and visit places like Qingdao Beer Museum, or the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an on your holidays and days off.
READY FOR A NEW ADVENTURE?