Foshan is known to many for its origins. Long ago, a temple upon the hill shone a radiant light, drawing locals to the top where they discovered three ancient bronze Buddha statues. To this day, these findings are a symbol of the city.
Today, Foshan is a metropolis of 7 million people living prosperously thanks to the area’s strengthening infrastructure and tourism market.
Located in the Pearl River Delta area, the city has a number of temples, parks and shopping streets that make it a paradise for foreigners.
With the convenience of western-style apartments and dining options, the traditional culture still manages to thrive, giving teachers in Foshan the chance to experience the best of both worlds.
- Population: 7 million
- Public Transportation: 4 train and bus stations, close proximity to 1 international airport, metro system, hundreds of bus routes & taxis
- Language: Cantonese, Mandarin
- Climate: Subtropical, with hot summers and mild winters
- Teach English in one of 2 EF schools in Foshan
What Makes Foshan Unique?
- Bruce Lee, the famed martial artist, learned his craft here. You can visit his ancestral hall and house to pay homage to the Lee family
- Much of the old architecture has been preserved in designated areas such as Ancestor’s Temple, Donghua Li Alley & Qinghui Garden
- The metro connects straight to Guangzhou, giving you quick access to nearby attractions & other EF teachers in China
- Xiqiao Mountain, just outside the commercial centre of the city is a designated National Forest Park and considered by many to be the number place to visit in the city