Teaching kids online remotely doesn’t get any easier than teaching with EF. Imagine being able to choose your own working hours and making a difference in the lives of Chinese children aged 6-10; all of this from your home. You even get to teach the same kids every week, so you can watch them learn and grow over time.
EF provides you with the necessary coursework and materials, all you have to do is put the heart into teaching. You’ll have access to EF’s custom-designed and user-friendly platform and online classroom with 24/7 troubleshooting support. This is the dream job for online English tutors.
Your salary and benefits package
In addition to your $13-19/hour compensation (dependent on experience and qualifications) with EF, you can also expect many other benefits that will enhance your remote teaching experience.
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including Q&A session
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local EF headquarters for easy communication and payment
Join our growing, global team and help your students open the world through education
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system, then teach the same kids every week and watch them improve over time.
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
Key requirements include:
- Availability during lesson times for the China time zone: weekday afternoon/evenings and weekends (CST/GMT time zone)
- English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or equivalent)
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
A typical lesson
When you step into the life of an EF online English teacher, a typical lesson will look like many things. The best lessons will have the following key elements:
- The teacher will be on time to the lesson, whether it’s a group or private class
- The beginning of the class will have introductions and/or a warm up activity. Many teachers will see the same students every week.
- Teachers will help the student review the in-class lesson to enhance further learning
- Review vocabulary and practice sentence structure through English language production
- To wrap up the 25-minute class, the teacher will ask concept checking questions