What do you think of when you hear about teaching English abroad? If this term seems exciting, but scary at the same time; fear not. Experts at EF have compiled all of the information you need to know about what teaching abroad entails, whether or not you quality, and if it’s the right fit for you. Scroll and read on to find out more about how EF can help you.
Is teaching English abroad for you?
First thing’s first; EF wants to make sure you’re the right person for the job, and on the flip side, we want to ensure you will get the most out of teaching English abroad – both personally and professionally.
- Do you like to travel and explore new, exotic countries?
- Are you ready to go on an adventure of a lifetime?
- Do you have a passion for changing lives and want to make the world a better place?
If you checked the boxes and answered “yes” to all of the questions above, it sounds like teaching English abroad with EF is for you!
Who can teach English abroad?
Generally speaking, anybody can teach English abroad. If you’re hard-working, open-minded, and adaptable, these are qualities that many of our current ESL teachers possess. We’ve also found that people who match the following criteria, fit in well with this job:
- Fresh or recent university graduates with a Bachelor’s degree
- Current public or private school teachers
- Existing or newly graduated ESL teachers
- Working professionals in any field who want to have a change in their lives
What requirements do you need to fulfill
Here are a few set-in-stone requirements needed in order to teach English abroad with EF:
- Citizenship from the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (all fields of study are accepted)
- Completion of a 120-hour TEFL certification (if you don’t have one, don’t worry; EF will help sponsor your online course)
There are a number of other formalities to get a visa to work in China, but a recruiter will explain more in detail at your interview.
Which countries you can go to
Teaching English abroad is a big step for many people and understandably, you still might have some questions. Be sure to check out other sections of our website, read our FAQs about teaching in China, and visit our social media pages. The best option is to apply today and a representative on the EF recruitment team will be happy to answer all of your questions during the call.