Teaching English to adults online has never been easier. With EF, we have new positions open to work remotely from the comfort of your own home.
You have the ability to choose your own hours so that teaching fits into your life. Adult classes are 20, 40, and 45 minutes long, which fit perfectly into your already busy life. Connect to adult students from around the world and make a different in the lives of others. These students will be looking to enhance their conversational skills with a foreign teacher.
Compensation and Support
In addition to your compensation (starting at $12/hour), with EF you can also expect many other benefits that will enhance your remote teaching experience.
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including Q&A session
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- EF headquarters local to you for easy communication and payment
Job responsibilities and requirements
EF teachers teach adults from all over the world to speak English, helping us to work towards our mission: opening the world through education. Join our growing team!
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver high quality and engaging lessons to adult learners through our three class options: 20- and 40-minute private lessons, and 45-minute group lessons
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Deliver prepared lesson materials and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give verbal feedback to your student in post lesson reporting
A typical lesson
EF lessons take the guess-work out of each class. We provide you with all of the coursework, materials, and training needed for your private and group lessons. Feel free to tailor classes as you like. A typical lesson will include introductions, review of the in-class lesson the student just partook in, as well as an application activity and a wrap up at the end.