Dongying is a little city in the north of Shandong province which is an eastern province of China.
Over the past 20 years since its establishment, Dongying has witnessed leap-forward development, which has attracted attention from home and abroad. Dongying ranked 27th among “Top 100 Cities of China” in terms of comprehensive economical strength.
Dongying city is a “State Clean City” and “National Model City for Environmental Protection.” Shopping centers, supermarkets, hotels, and medical care facilities are easily accessible, providing convenience for your daily life at home and at work.
It has rich natural resources and is known as an oil city in China and abroad. It is the birthplace and main production area of the Shengli Oilfield, China’s second-largest base of the petroleum industry.
- Population: 2.1 million
- Public Transportation: You can navigate the city by bus, taxi or bike. There is also an international airport, 3 major bus stations and a railway station. Connections to Beijing, Qingdao and Jinan, among many other cities are available on a daily basis.
- Language: Mandarin, local dialects
- Climate: The city is dry in spring, hot and rainy in summer, crisp in autumn and dry and cold (with little snow) in winter.
- EF Dongying opened in 2002
What Makes Dongying Unique?
- With its primitive and unique ecological environment, this region is regarded as the “paradise of birds” and known as the “most charming wetland in China”
- The spectacular convergence of the Yellow river and the sea shows the magic power of the nature. It is an attraction to visitors from home and abroad and is a landmark scene of Dongying
- Dongying has rich and unique tourist attractions, including Asia’s largest artificial lake, called “Swan Lake”
- For those who wants to enjoy the night, there are lots of KTVs and bars to visit after a day of teaching English