See Michael’s journey from applying to be a teacher with EF to his first 2 weeks in China
About EF English First
EF English First is the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
Join the EF Teacher Network today
Join a supportive community of EF staff and teachers from day one. We’re here to provide the support you need every step of the way, from preparing your legal work visa to airport pickup. Learn how to order food in Chinese with our free language classes or attend a teacher social at a downtown bar. There’s so much to experience living abroad and you’ll experience it to the fullest with EF.
Teaching At English First
At English First, you’ll be provided the resources to become the best teacher you can be. Our new and colorful classrooms offer state-of-the-art technology including Internet-connected computers, interactive whiteboards, and iPads. We also offer a world-class teacher development program with certification courses exclusively for our teachers to help them move into more senior positions within EF.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- Passport holder from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year
Package Up to 16,400 RMB
- 12,000 – 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Performance bonus after 6 months up to 1,950 RMB per month at our Kids & Teens schools
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel for your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Trinity DELTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social & cultural events
- Teacher advantages discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme
"At EF, we tend to share the same sense of adventure and community. We talk about new places to visit and things to do. Being a teacher is not a desk job. It’s hectic and can be hard work, but also fun. There's something that surprises me every day working in China that I know I wouldn't find anywhere else."