Teaching Kids English in Indonesia
Kids and teens teachers in Indonesia are known for bringing fun and excitement to the classroom. With the help of the latest teaching materials and methodologies, you will be able to help your students learn English, practice and become confident speakers. This isn’t any ordinary desk job! You will see small improvements every day which will change your students’ lives forever.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a competitive local salary and a comprehensive benefits package. With over 77 schools to choose from, English First will make the perfect partner for your teaching abroad experience.
Your Salary & Benefits Package
- IDR 12,000,000 – 15,000,000 monthly after taxes, based on location, qualifications & experience
- Housing or housing allowance provided in all locations
- Sponsored legal KITAS work visa
- Health insurance coverage provided
- Generous annual leave allowance including minimum 10 days paid + All public holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Approved round trip airfare reimbursed
- Free Bahasa Indonesia lessons
- Job rotation scheme
- Fortnightly teacher social events
- Chance to participate in Quarterly Teacher Trips
- Fully sponsored continuous professional development including 120-hour TEFL Certification course and Cambridge TKTs
Teach Kids English in Indonesia: Responsibilities
- Planning and delivering lessons to children aged 3-18 in groups up to 16 students
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to both students and their parents
- Assigning and evaluating out of class exercises
- Participating in social activities with students organized by your school to encourage oral English proficiency
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Accredited English Language Certification or any of the following qualifications: TEFL-TESOL-CELTA-DELTA (TEFL sponsorship available)
- Must be able to obtain a clear background check
- The ability to live abroad for at least one year
Additionally, candidates who want to teach kids English in Indonesia must be citizens from one of the following nations in order to be issued a visa from the local government: USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
Throughout I’ve had great support from fellow teachers, senior teachers and directors of studies who have always been there to lend a hand, suggest an activity or clarify a grammar point I had to go and teach.