In 1978, China announced to the world that the doors were opening to international companies and foreign investment. Since then, an economic miracle of epic proportions took place. Following years of double-digit growth, Chinese companies and individuals are becoming more prosperous than ever, which means they are now looking for business and travel opportunities overseas.
Today, more and more adults are going back to school to learn English. In turn, the demand for adult English teachers in China is also growing. Now is the time to seize the opportunity. You can teach English to adult learners, travel and get to know the people behind the change.
Teach English to Adults in China
Teaching English at our Adults schools in China will ensure you live abroad with a great salary, competitive benefits and get the chance to share an amazing career with people from all over the world. You will have the opportunity to develop a career as a teacher or develop personally in other areas. In class, you will be free to explore more thought provoking topics that you wouldn’t be able to cover in a kids and teens lesson, but you can still organise games and fun activities.
Your Salary & Benefits Package
- 13,000 – 15,000 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 12,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Trinity DELTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social events
- Teacher advantages discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme
Teach Adults in China: Responsibilites
- Teach Adults in China while planning and delivering lessons in class sizes up to 25 students
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to students
- Participating in social activities with students organized by your school to encourage oral English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- The ability to live abroad for at least one year
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
The best part of the job are the students, they will view you with curiosity and bombard you with questions. None of the centres are more than 10 years old and most are usually placed close to a train station. EF is a good company that will suit a lot of people.