Being a Center Education Manager (CEM) takes passion, drive and patience. CEM’s are responsible for managing adult English language centers in China, Russia and Indonesia. As a CEM, you will use your previous teaching or management experience to lead an international team of teachers, as well as local Chinese teachers . If you are someone who seeks new challenges and is keen to help others learn and develop, then this is the job for you.
Center Education Management
At the heart of every EF adult language center is the Center Education Manager (also known as CEM). CEM’s play an important role in ensuring that students have a great learning experience. To do this, CEM’s must work closely with their teachers to help them learn, develop and enjoy their time at EF. As a CEM you will use your management and teaching experience to make a difference in your center. CEM’s work directly with Regional Education Managers to implement new initiatives and make positive changes. The experience you will gain as an education manager can lead to a long lasting career in EF or in the ESL industry. Apply today if you are looking for a rewarding management career.
YOUR SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
- 15,000 – 22,500 RMB monthly, based on experience
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 12,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Trinity DELTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Deliver regular lessons and demonstration classes to the highest standards
- Ensure effective scheduling of classes, extra-curricular activities and events
- Arrange English language school inductions for new teachers; lead regular teacher training workshops
- Assess academic staff’s performance and provide constructive feedback together with developmental plans
- Work closely with the Center Operations Manager and other supervisors to ensure inter-departmental co-operation and effective communication
- Update and consult the Regional Education Manager to guarantee smooth product implementation and overall academic operations
- Assist Product Development in testing and implementing new EF products and courses
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- CELTA/Trinity Cert (or equivalent) and 2+ years of adult ESL teaching experience
- Management experience with responsibility for a team, preferably in ESL/EFL
- Strong communication skills, flexible and proactive
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
I started out as a teacher and worked my way up to a senior teacher. After I completed my CELTA, I thought it was time to apply for a management position. Becoming a Center Education Manager was great, I have had some real fun with my teachers, and I have enjoyed the management training I have received.