Be an Online English Teacher in Shanghai
Work at our Online Center in Shanghai and you will live abroad with a great salary and competitive benefits. In addition, you’ll have a unique teacher experience that provides you the flexibility and comfort you need to have a great work-life balance.
Your Salary & Benefits Package
- 12,000 – 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Trinity DELTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social events
- Teacher advantages discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme
As an online English teacher, you will:
- Delivering lessons to adults all over China in online class sizes up to 10 students.
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English online efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to students
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- The ability to live abroad for at least one year
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
I am happy to say that teaching English at the Shanghai Online Training Center (SHOTC) has made it increasingly convenient to connect with adult learners from all over China via an online classroom. The best part about online learning for the students is that they can either choose a prepared lesson, or they can make a custom request on a topic that might be relevant to their work or studies. Taking into account all of the changes that have occurred at the SHOTC, I am extremely optimistic about the future of this 21st century working environment.