Teach, travel and train with EF English First.
An experience you will never forget.
We’re looking for amazing EFL teachers to join us in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and many other cities across China. Teach adults, children or at our online schools. Receive a great local salary, competitive benefits and meet people from all over the world.
Learn more about how our teaching jobs can get you started on a once-in-a-lifetime EFL teaching career. Once you have experience in teaching, progress along the EF career path should you wish to. Become a Senior Teacher, Director Of Studies or move to other areas within the company.
See Michael’s journey from applying to be an English teacher with EF to his first 2 weeks in China
- About EF English First
- EF English First is the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shenzhen, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
- Teaching at English First
- At English First, you’ll be provided the resources to become the best teacher you can be. Our new and colorful classrooms offer state-of-the-art technology including Internet connected computers, interactive whiteboards and iPads. We also offer a world-class teacher development program with certification courses exclusively for our teachers to help them move into more senior positions within EF.
- Join the EF Teacher Network today
- Join a supportive community of EF staff and teachers from day one. We’re here to provide the support you need every step of the way, from preparing your legal work visa to airport pickup. Learn how to order food in Chinese with our free language classes or attend a teacher social at a downtown bar. There’s so much to experience living abroad and you’ll experience it to the fullest with EF.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- Passport holder from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year