Support your teachers, be a great director
As a Director of Studies with EF English First, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a world-class educational organisation. Being a director of studies is an important role within the language school. Your knowledge and experience will be invaluable for helping new teachers improve and develop. As an academic manager, you will also get the opportunity to develop further as a manager of an international team. Your experience can lead to a long lasting career in ESL or other management positions within EF.
If you’re looking for a professional management position in a fast-paced forward thinking company, then this is the job for you.
Your Salary & Benefits Package
- 15,000 – 22,500 RMB monthly, based on experience
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Deliver regular lessons and demonstration classes to the highest standards
- Ensure effective scheduling of classes, extra-curricular activities and events
- Arrange English language school inductions for new teachers; lead regular teacher training workshops
- Assess academic staff’s performance and provide constructive feedback together with developmental plans
- Work closely with the Center Director and other supervisors to ensure inter-departmental co-operation and effective communication
- Update and consult the Regional Education Manager to guarantee smooth product implementation and overall academic operations
- Assist Product Development in testing and implementing new EF products and courses
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- CELTA/Trinity Cert (or equivalent) and 2+ years of ESL teaching experience
- Management experience with responsibility for a team, preferably in ESL/EFL
- Strong communication skills, flexible and proactive
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
I chose EF English First after visiting different places because it was the most professional of the schools; it was well-organised and very friendly. I had three wonderful years managing teachers there, meeting interesting colleagues from around the world, and of course the friendliest students you could hope for.