TEACHING ENGLISH IN JAKARTA
Jakarta is one of the world’s fastest growing megacities situated on the northern coast of Java in Indonesia. Teaching English in Jakarta is an excellent opportunity to experience life in a vibrant multicultural city famous for its tourist hotspots, culture, cuisine and modernity. Jakarta is famous the world over for being the political, economic and cultural center of Indonesia with a population of over 10 million people.
When you arrive in Jakarta, you will notice the diversity immediately. One night you could be heading to a classy restaurant or an upmarket bar for cocktails. The next you could be sat outside eating some of the cities delicious street food watching the thriving nightlife in a city that never sleeps.
Despite the hustle and bustle and packed streets, Jakarta remains a safe and upbeat city. The locals are notoriously friendly making the city a perfect place to call home. With lots to see and do, you’ll never be bored whilst living in Jakarta as it is anything but humdrum.
- Population: 10 million
- Transportation: Long Distance Railways, Large Bus Network, variety of Taxi services, 2 airports
- Language: Bahasa the official language of Indonesia as well as Dutch and English as second languages and various other dialects
- Climate: Tropical climate with distinct wet and dry seasons
- EF Jakarta Flagship school opened in 1995
- Teach English in Jakarta at one of our 77 schools
WHAT MAKES JAKARTA UNIQUE?
- Jakarta is a city that never sleeps so while you’re there, feel free to burn the candle at both ends and enjoy an action packed day followed by a night in the local bars or nightclubs.
- The city has a spectacular skyline filled with skyscrapers and big buildings, but if you want to escape the hustle and bustle head to one of the many parks around the city.
- There are dozens of interesting museums to see and enjoy around the city. Why not see something new and go to the puppet museum or even the kite museum?
- Jakarta has hundreds of tourist attractions and things to do. During your time in Jakarta, you’ll be spoilt for choice.