TEACHING KIDS IN CHINA
As a kids and teens teacher, you will teach students aged from 3 – 18. Your students are an enthusiastic fun loving bunch, full of energy and ready to learn. As a teacher, you need to come to class prepared and ready to have fun. It’s your responsibility plan engaging classes full of games and learning activities.
Not only will you get to have fun with your students, you will also get to know them and watch them learn and grow. Your students will vary in language ability and personality. There is no feeling quite like helping a shy student become a confident English speaker. Or a confident young adult converse fluently in English.
Not qualified yet? Click the button below to learn about free TEFL certifications.
Your Salary & Benefits Package
- Up to 16,400 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social events
- Teacher advantages discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme
- Teaching English to kids in China aged 3-18 in groups up to 16 students
- Planning and delivering lessons to children
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to both students and their parents
- Assigning and evaluating out of class exercises
- Participating in social activities with students organised by your school to encourage oral English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- The ability to live abroad for at least one year
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
It’s great to work somewhere like EF. Being a teacher can be busy and fast paced, but also fun. On my days off, there's always something to see and do. China is full of surprises that I know I wouldn't find anywhere else. My colleagues have really made me feel at home here. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.